Now that you are a PMP credential holder, you need to adhere to PMI's Continuing Certification Requirements (CCR) programme.
Every credential requires a specific amount of PDUs per three-year certification cycle. For the PMP credential you need to earn 60 PDUs per three year cycle. There are many ways in which you can earn PDUs. Here are some examples:
- Attend seminars and events organised by the PMI. These typically award between 1- 5 PDUs
- Self-Directed Learning: PMI will recognize activities that involve personally conducted research or study, including discussions or coaching sessions with colleagues or clients. Such activities should make use of informational materials like CD-ROMs, articles, books, videos or instructional manuals.
- Registered Education Provider (R.E.P.) Courses: This is by far the easiest and quickest way to earn a lot of PDUs. There are many registered training providers out there who offers courses that award PDUs. Strategy Execution has a comprehensive range of courses that offer up to 28 PDUs per course.
- Volunteer Service: Earn PDUs for providing your professional services to an organization or group outside of your employer; this includes any elected offices you hold for a project management organization.
- Doing Your Job: When you practice project (project scheduling, risk, or program) management professionally, you can claim PDUs. If you work every day as a project manager, this counts toward credential maintenance.
- Webinars and Podcasts: Webinars and podcasts are a great way to get a deeper insight into the latest trends in project management. Watch our webinars or listen to our podcasts to earn some PDU:s. They are presented by some of the industry's most influential practitioners. View our Webinars
- Forums are a great way of connecting with peers to discuss hot topics and trends — check out the below forums:
PMI UK Agile Forum — PMIs Forum that discusses and aims to bring agile methodologies into traditional project management.
Project Smart's General Project Management Forum — a forum offered by Project smart to help you share and gain project management knowledge.
Projectmanagement.com — a project management community to get access to various thought leadership articles and to connect with peers and discuss hot topics in project management.
Linkedin — Join PMI's PMI Credentialed PMPs Group on Linked in, and Strategy Execution.
For further information, please call us on +91 98 2007 1798 or email us at email@example.com.